Performance Clinic: k8s monitoring at Scale with Prometheus and Dynatrace
Prometheus has become THE standard for collecting observability metrics in Kubernetes and cloud-native environments. Prometheus sheds light on the inner workings of Kubernetes clusters and workloads by supporting a vast number of technologies. However, as environments grow in size, users struggle with:
- Scaling the Prometheus infrastructure and keeping alerting configurations up to date.
- Combining Prometheus metrics with other observability data, like traces and logs, and analyze them in context.
In this Performance Clinic Henrik Rexed, Cloud Native Advocate at Dynatrace, will explain how Dynatrace helps platform operators and application teams to unlock the power of Prometheus data by:
- Securely scraping data from Prometheus without adding extra load to Prometheus servers for better scalability.
- Mapping Prometheus metrics to other observability data with Dynatrace’s Smartscape topology to better understand the health and performance of clusters, pods, and workloads.
- Using auto-adaptive baselining and Davis AI to automatically determine the root cause of anomalies and performance bottlenecks.
You will also get an outlook on further planned improvements. Make sure to bring your questions as we will conclude with live Q&A
9:00 - 10:00
Registration and breakfast
10:00 - 10:10
Welcome to the Perform Day London
Greg Adams, Regional Director, Dynatrace
10:00 - 10:30
Digital Performance Management - It's Changing the Game of Business
Michael Allen, EMEA VP, Dynatrace
10:30 - 10:50
Customer Spotlight Presentation - Aldermore
James Davison, Head of IT - Group, Aldermore
10:50 - 11:20
Harnessing Omnichannel Experience - Demystifying Mobile APM and building a digital experience cockpit
Duncan Gillingwater and Jonathan Griffiths, Sales Engineers, Dynatrace
11:20 - 11:50
Morning Networking Break
Cloud Native Advocate at Dynatrace
Technical Product Manager at Dynatrace
Global Technology Lead at Dynatrace