Did you know that 90% of DevOps & SRE automation code that is currently developed has to be rewritten or thrown away within the next 12 months? It’s because most existing automation frameworks have GitOps as an afterthought, do not separate the concerns between process and tooling and therefore result in a high level of code duplication and technical debt when integration important use cases such as monitoring configuration, deployment validation or SLO management.
Join this workshop where Andreas (Andi) Grabner, DevOps Activist, will teach you how Dynatrace Cloud Automation, powered by Keptn CNCF open source technology, allows you to automate the following tasks without you having to write or maintain any automation scripts yourself:
- Automate Service Level Objectives (SLO) for your critical services
- Codify SLOs for your quality gates to stop bad code changes in your delivery pipeline
- Automate Service Availability Monitoring as part of delivery
- Automate Monitoring as Code into your GitOps processes
- Automate deployment and release decisions
- Basic Observability knowledge: You should know what metrics are, that you can chart them on a dashboard. Pre-knowledge on monitoring tools such a Dynatrace is a good to have
- Hardware: you need a laptop without firewall restrictions that lets you access the internet, e.g: dynatrace.com, github.com and keptn.sh
- Software: you need a modern browser (Google Chrome preferred), a good text editor (e.g: Visual Studio Code, Notepad++ …), and optionally an SSH Client (e.g: Putty …)
Andreas Grabner has 20+ years of experience as a software developer, tester and architect and is an advocate for high performing cloud scale appliactions. He is a regular contributor to the DevOps community, a frequent speaker at technology conferences and regularly publishes articles on blog.dynatrace.com You can follow him on Twitter: @grabnerandi
Only persons with a valid COVID-Certificate and a valid ID (e.g. driving license or passport) are allowed access to the workshop.
This means you need to be vaccinated, tested or convalesced from COVID-19 and have a valid COVID-Certificate and a ID.
This will be an on-site workshop at:
Zühlke office, Zürcherstrasse 39J, 8952 Schlieren - Map
Hope to see you there.